Born in Dhaka, Bangladesh in 1936.
Diploma in (painting) Indian College of Draftsmanship, Calcutta; student of Prof. S.W.Hayter at Atelier 17 Ecole Superior Des Beaux Arts, Paris. Roy lived and worked in Santiniketan where he was the head of the Department of Painting at Kala Bhavan, Santiniketan.
He lives and works in Calcutta, India.
|His works have been exhibited all over the world through exhibitions like the Asian Graphic Prints, Traveling Exhibition, USA, the Tokyo Print Biennale, Japan, Contemporary Indian Art, Yugoslavia, Romania, Czechoslovakia, Hungry, and Wounds, at the Central Institute Modern Art and the National Gallery of Modern Art, New Delhi.|
- Indian College of Art and Draughtsman.
- First all India Graphic exhibition Group 8.
- WB Academy of Dance, Drama, Music & Fine Arts, Calcutta.
- AIFACS, New Delhi in 1969 & 1970.
- Certificate of merit, Birla Academy of Art & culture, Culcutta and Symphony, Hoshiarpur.